9 November 2020

Double yarn haul, Plans for the haul, Slipstravaganza and sock progress

 The last 2 weekends there have been two different yarn shows giving me the chance to expand my stash.  The first was by a vendor that travels the country selling yarn from NZ indie dyers.  From her I bought:

Summer stitch markers:

Yarnsen - no name

Purrl Kitten " We're all mad here"
Two Bare Hands " I wasn't expecting that"

Purple Sprouting "Park Life"
 The second show was held by a spinners guild and opened to the public after the first couple of hours.  From there I bought

Strawberry Patches "Aubergine"
Strawberry Patches "Pine Forest"

Dye Happy"Josephine" - super sparkly bright orange - Loove


Gumtree Gully Alpacas "Monarch"


 I'm loving how some of these look together.  It wasn't until I got them home that I realised how well the Aubergine, Pine Forest and Park Life looked together, along with Sweet Sixteen and Liberty already in my stash.


These are the perfect amounts and weight to make Andrea Mowrey's "So Faded"


This pattern has entered my queue at number 1.

Also I love how the Byte and We're all mad here look together.  

I've had my eye on the Alaska hat for a while and at the back of my mind I've been keeping an eye out for a yarn that would work for Northern Lights in the background.  I think We're all Mad here will do the job and there will be some left over for some matching mittens in a similar pattern.



And I'm thinking Monarch and Josephine would look good together in a Spark sweater by Andrea Mowrey, possible with a grey as the contrast.






So onto progress.
I've been working exclusively on Slipstravaganza and hope to have it finished in around another 10 days.  I took my last progress picture at the end of clue 3.



A lot of people have finished their Slipstravaganza and it looks spectacular.  I saw it 'in the flesh' at this weekends wool show - amazing.  The last clue takes a very long time as there are over 900 stitches per row and to make it full size there are 48 rows, though there is the option to make it smaller.  I am going for the big option - provided I have enough of the main colour yarn - it is going to be close.

I don't think I've posted a photo of my Rievaulx sweater.  This has been on hold since starting Slipstravaganza, but the back is finished

I've made a little bit of progress on my sock.  I'm still working on the second sock of another pair but am up to the gusset, I wanted a sock I could just knit mindlessly so I cast on another.  I did a little bit when I needed a break from the very long rows of slipstravaganza.










No comments:

Post a Comment