16 July 2020

Knitting haul - a swift!! and another project bag, started Ochre Cardigan

I had an exciting knitting haul this week.

I got a ChiaoGoo Amish Swift, a KnitPro ball winder, both from Knitnstitch,  and some hand dyed yarn called Sixteen, 100% Merino and some stitch markers from Kiwiyarn-a.






Attached to the yarn were lightbulb markers and the cute little wooden "Handmade with Love" buttons.

Of course I had to play straight away




Here is the yarn on the swift

And here it is caked up - so pretty.
I'm going to make the Ochre Cardigan by Ambah O'Brien, a paid pattern on ravelry.  I should just need 2 skeins of yarn for this, but that was going to be cutting it close, and I may want to lengthen it, so I bought an extra skein, just in case. It was swatched the same day, and is now cast on my needles.


I also made another knitting project bag.  This is out of the leftover fabric that I made my friends bag in.  It is a large drawstring bag, with a handle.

Specialty stitches from my sewing machine decorate the bottom band.

Plenty of room inside for a large project and 2 roomy pockets.

I've also had some colourful visitors to the garden. These lorikeets are enjoying the oranges on the neighbours trees which I can see from my living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment