20 December 2020

2020 dressmaking and cross stitching accomplishments

 Reigniting my passion for knitting has really put a dent in my dressmaking and cross stitching.

Last year I made 35 garments and 1 lingerie item for a total spend of $890 on fabric, average cost $25 per garment.

This year I made just 9 garments for a spend of $202.5 for a cost of $22.50 per garment.  

These are the items I made


From top left to bottom right

Lyric skirt, adapted from Lyric dress by Love Notions

Cadence dress by Love Notions

Pia dress by Tessuti

LDT by Love Notions

Sonya dress by Colette - failure!!

Vivace top by Itch to Stitch

Cayman pants by Love Notions

Archer Shirt by Grainline

Cape Cod Capelet by Itch to stitch.

I don't have any plans for 2021 for dressmaking.

My cross stitching has also slowed down, especially since October.  I've constantly changed my plans and discarded projects started.

I did finish one, Witching Hour by HAED


I've currently decided to stitch on one at a time.  I am close to a finish on one and have made good progress on another.  So first I will aim to finish Healing Rose


Once that is done I will work on Naida.  She is currently on the q snaps but this is a screenshot from Pattern Keeper showing progress




\

No comments:

Post a Comment