5 October 2021

week 8 of lockdown a finish and new starts

 Lockdown continues here in Auckland.  We had 5 weeks under level 4, and have now been in level 3 for 3 weeks.  From today restrictions have eased slightly and people can meet outdoors only in groups of up to 10 from a maximum of 2 households.   We can now also travel around Auckland for exercise - walks along beaches etc.  So really, for me sill nothing much changes from level 4.

I've been knitting quite a lot, not much else to do.

Since my last post I've started and finished the Dingley Dell tee by Isabelle Kraemer.


I enjoyed knitting it in a wool/cotton yarn by Garn Bio Balance.  I like the finished result, except the neckline is too low.  I will need to wear a singlet underneath.

I've started 2 new socks.


This is Suokatu from 52 weeks of socks.  It is knit in the colour Macaron by Marmalade Yarns.  I love the pattern and the colours of the yarn are gorgeous.  The 'cable' pattern is created by twisting the stitches.  I'm enjoying knitting these.


These are vanilla socks using a sock set from Mamawooling.  Again I love these colours.  These will be another pair of shorties.

I've started another Habitation throw.

I'm using scraps that are less than 20g in this project and holding double on 5mm needles.  Enjoying seeing how the marles are working out.

In purchases I've continued using lockdown savings to buy treats.


I never thought I'd buy sock blockers, something nice but not needed.   However using lockdown money to buy treats I decided these would be a great treat.  Love the llamas.
 Just because I need some neutral 4 ply, possibly for a colourwork jumper to use scraps, I go this from Skeinz.  Good value at 303m per ball for just $7.95 per ball.  This is called champagne.  Was worried from the photo on the website that it would be too yellowy, but it is a lovely cream.

The Stephen West MKAL starts this weekend (NZ time - Friday for most of the rest of the world).  I wound my yarn up and swatched.

Excited for the MKAL to start.



No comments:

Post a Comment