18 December 2018

Top 5 of 2018, or Year in Review Part 1



top-5-of-2018

It's that time again, time to review achievements of 2018.

Without further ado, my top 5 hits for 2018 are:

1.  The Pippi pinafore by Jennifer Lauren Handmade.


This has been my most worn piece.  I made this in July and pretty much wore this non-stop around the house from the time I made it to November.  It got confined to the house because I wasn't terribly keen on the fabric.  It has wonderful deep pockets so I can carry my phone around with me.  I'd love to make it in a denim.  Also, I've tried it without having the bib up and it would be great made up as just a skirt.  While I've only made one so far more will be coming, either with or without the bib.

2.  Itch to Stitch Anza dress

 I made these 2 this year, and another at the end of 2017.  These were worn pretty much continuously throughout the summer and are back in wear again at the start of this summer.  I just feel so comfortable in these.

3.  Carolyn PJ's by Closet Case Patterns.


This is another pattern that has been worn continuously.  The wincyette were worn all winter and the cotton lawn have been worn from October to November.  However it is now a bit too warm for the top so I've reverted to a tank type top.  I have some more wincyette in the stash for another winter pair next year.

4. StyleArc's Winnie top

I love the funnel neck top and how quick this is to sew

5. Itch to Stitch Visby Henly top.

I like the option of the half placket or round neck.  Another quick sew if made without the placket.

I haven't included lingerie as I think that deserves a section of its own.  My lingerie making experience started this year and  I now wear me made bras almost exclusively.  I need to make some more pants so I can say the same about them.  Rather than top 5 makes these have become TNT patterns.  The bras have been quite heavily modified to suit my requirements, particularly the one I call the Craftsy Eva bralette - it doesn't have much in common now with the original pattern.

So my favourite lingerie TNT are

1.  Cloth Habit Watson bra - 4 made.  Only 3 are wearable.  The second one I made was with foam cups and was too small.  I went up a size for the next ones.
2. Craftsy Eva bralette - 5 made.  Only 4 are wearable.  The first one I made is too small.
3. Cloth Habit Watson pants - 2 made
4. Ohh Lulu Gracie pants - 1 made

Next in the series with be the big 5 fails of 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment