27 September 2019

Another Hvar and cross stitch haul

I love making the Hvar jacket from Itch to Stitch. So quick and easy to make with a great result.


 This was a wool from Morelands fabrics. This gives me a smarter lightweight jacket.

I needed some fabric for my next cross stitch At the Steps by HAED.  So I called in at The Embroiderer. I've recently started obsessing over the reproduction style samplers of the 19th century.  One in particular caught my eye, while it isn't a reproduction, the verse and motifs appealed to me. The first thing I saw when I entered the shop was that very chart.


They only had the one chart of this so it was as if fate intended me to find it and of course I had to buy it. 
This has been added to my decision roulette wheel. I'm thinking of changing the word sparrow to spuggie which is the Geordie word for sparrow.

 I also bought some fabric that has a washed out, stained look to it which is perfect for a sampler. I think it was 28ct, but it may have been 32ct.


I also bought cream18ct Aida for At the Steps and Healing Rose. And some of this gorgeous mocha linen for Sans Souci. I think this was 32ct, but may be 36 ct.
 I now need to order  silks from Silks4u for Sans Souci and threads from 123stitch for Sparrow which requires Weeks Dye Works and Gentle Arts Sampler threads. These are too expensive to buy in New Zealand.




No comments:

Post a Comment