5 April 2021

40th anniversary, wips, finishes and haul

 On 3 April 1981 I arrived in New Zealand, emigrating from England.  On Saturday I celebrated the 40 year anniversary with friends that I made in September that year when I started work at the Health Department.  

One of my friends, Colleen, had organised a beautiful cake for me.  We had lunch at The Malt followed by yummy cake.




Isn't that cake beautiful?


On to knitting.  I finished a hat.  This is Incandescent from the Strands of Joy book.




My LYS, Loopine Wool co started a MAL for animal toys.  I've never knitted a toy so decided to give it a try.   I made Sadie Souris from Cinthia Designs.


The pattern comes with a wardrobe.  I am making her a dress.


I thought of giving her as a gift, but the girl is only 2 years old and I'm thinking it won't get the love it needs.  Really I just want Sadie for myself!.  I've really enjoyed knitting her.

On to WIPS.  No blanket or modular inlay this time, I havent touched them.  

My Pirta Cardigan from Strands of Joy is coming along nicely.  I've started the colourwork at the bottom.


My shawl has progressed a bit.  I've just started the 3rd colour (out of 5)


Vanilla socks, I think I've done a little bit since last time.


And Bubbles down the drain is moving along.


On to Haul.

I've had a couple of purchases.  I bought 52 weeks of socks and another Pompom magazine.


I visited Knitnstitch for some needles and cables, but of course didn't stop there.

I also bought Cocoknit opening stitch markers and ring stitch markers and 2 balls of Baby Bandit for toy knitting and Donegal 4 ply, probably for socks.



No comments:

Post a Comment