12 December 2019

2019 the year in review: Part 1 The Hits

Time again to look at hits, misses and goals.  This year my dressmaking has been somewhat sidelined by my re-found obsession with cross stitch.  However it was still a busy year and I am trying to balance the two crafts.  I will have a separate post this year on my cross stitching.

This post will be looking at my top 5 dressmaking achievements for 2019.

1.  Kelly Anorak by Closet Case Patterns.

 




At 30 hours sewing time this was the most time intensive project and at $75 was  the most expensive garment.  However this has become a staple piece of my wardrobe and got so much wear over autumn and winter that it was well worth the time and money invested in it.  I was very proud of being able to complete this as it was a complex sew - and fully lined!





2.  Oslo Coat by Tessuti.  This was another project I was very proud of.
 

My first winter coat, and again lined.  I sewed this in May and it only took 13 hours sewing time - a breeze compared to the anorak!  At $45 a great buy for a winter coat.  This is another one that got a lot of wear over winter.









3.  Cadence top/dress by Love Notions.
 

This could become my TNT version of the laundry day T but in a woven.  These are a quick sew and I made 3 in a row.

4. Boyfriend cardigan by Love Notions
 

I made these late in the season so they've not had a lot of wear, but I think when the weather cools down these will be used a lot.

5. Lennie shirt by StyleArc
 

I wore the one on the left a lot.  A lovely smart casual blouse, though the placket is fiddly.

Those are my favourite makes for 2019.  Next post - the misses, and there were a few this year.





No comments:

Post a Comment