19 December 2019

Tessuti Pia dress

I made the Oslo coat by Tessuti patterns earlier in the year and really liked it.  I didn't think their dresses were my style, but I recently loooked again - and changed my mind.

I was wanting to make a shift style dress and knew they had a few.

I rather liked the Pia dress, it has unusual pockets in the front which set it apart from just a plain shift.




I made this in a linen from Spotlight.  It is a teal colour which doesn't show up very well in the photos.  Those pockets weren't too difficult to do - just precision sewing but still not too time consuming.  Tessuti give great instructions and everything fits together beautifully.  This probably took me around 5 hours to sew.  Not a difficult sew at all.  There isn't even a bust dart, the curved front at the skirt means its not needed.

I am happy with this and have some more linen that I plan to make another Pia with.  It encourages me to try another Tessuti pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment