30 December 2019

Year in review, part 3: The stats and goals

This post looks at what I achieved in 2019 and what I hope to achieve in 2020.

First the stats.

This year I made 35 garments and 1 lingerie item.  This compares to last year when I made 36 garments and 26 lingerie items.

I spent $890 on fabric, for an average cost of $25 per garment.  Last year I spent $670 on garment fabric for an average cost of $16 per garment.

I made exclusively from indie designers and breakdown is

true Bias2
Itch to Stitch7
Megan Nielsen4
closet case2
StyleArc3
tessuti3
Love Notions14
Wardrobe by Me1

The types of garment made were

blouse/shirt4
cardigan2
coat2
dresses9
jacket2
lingerie1
pj2
shorts1
skirt1
t shirt4
tops3
trousers4
vest1
So did I achieve my goals.  For 2019 they were
  • I'd like another pair of jeans - in light denim      X
  • Another denim jacket - this time in light denim  X
  • Make leggings, and get more into tunic type tops that I can wear with leggings  X
  • Possibly an anorak - possible the Closet Case Kelly.  /
  • Make a winter coat.  I've bought some wool in the end of winter sales and the Style Arc Stella pattern. /
  • Make a rain coat.  I've seen some waterproof polyester on line and thinking of making Tessuti's Melbourne coat. X
  • Eliminate my stash.  I have 12 pieces of fabric in my stash and I want to use all of it.  X
So I missed most of my goals.  I never did find that light denim for the first two.  However after wearing my jeans a lot the previous year, this year I didn't wear them. at.  all.  Leggings are so cheap to buy, I can't really be bothered making them.

So goals for 2020 are:

  • Make a raincoat.  I have the Melbourne pattern, but need to order the correct fabric from Tessuti.
  • Again eliminate my stash.  Last year I got rid of 10 pieces, but of course have acquired new.  So I must get rid of the previous 2, plus 5 that were added this year.  I'm thinking for the 2 from 2019 I will make the Helens Closet pinafore pattern.
Other than that, I'm not setting any goals for 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment