14 December 2019

The Year in Review: Part 2 - The Misses

Last year I  tried to find 5 misses but struggled to come up with 3.  It just goes to show you should never become complacent - this year I had no trouble finding misses.

1.  Grace Dress by Wardrobe by Me.

This was horrible in every way.  The construction methods, in my opinion were poor, instructions were poor, and worse when finished it just looked frumpy.  I wore this for the photo and then it went in the bin, too embarrassed to even donate to charity.







2.  Chai shirt by Itch to Stitch
NormallyITS  fit perfectly, but this time I got this far in the construction and realised it was way too small.  Maybe I printed the wrong pattern size?  This was another one destined for the bin.









3. Jodie pinafore by StyleArc
  This was the first printed pattern I bought from them.  However it is a bit on the small side and I felt that striped denim made it look more like a butchers apron.  Not in the bin yet, but I've never worn it and not sure I want to donate it neither.  Hanging head in shame.








4.  Sonata Dress by Love Notions

Not as bad as the others, but this dress is too short for me so it is consigned to around the house.  Also fitted under the bust isn't the best look for me - I need to make sure I dont go for that style in future.








5. Flint pants by Megan Nielsen

I'm only including these because I don't wear them!  I actually like them, fit is good, fabric is gorgeous but the thing is palazzo pants aren't really ME. I feel self conscious wearing them, though I know no one is thinking "why is she wearing palazzo pants".
  I could wear them around the house, but in summer even rayon pants feel too warm I just want to be in skirts and dresses.  Maybe I'll wear them this summer????




Sadly I managed by 5 misses this year.  Hopefully 2020 will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment