Close up of stumpwork butterfly, done on sari silk, and a sunflower. My sunflower centre is a bit on the small side. I did a practice piece first. As is the way of things, the practice piece worked up perfectly, but then the 'real' piece didn't come out so well.
Close up of needlelace butterfly and Hardanger piece. This was my first attempt at needlelace
Close up of beaded butterfly. This is based on the colouring of a monarch butterfly.
Last month I completed Kathy Shaw's beginners CQ class. I made this up into a cushion.
I also made a couple of tri-pillows. My mother has a lot of neck problems so I made one for her and one for myself. These have tabs on the end, so it is easy to reach behind and position them.
That's it for now. Time to start planning my March CQJP block.