This was my Christmas Day dress this year. I love the skirt.
The second dress is Itch to Stitch's Anza dress.
The By Hand London dress is made of rayon from SmartDress fabrics. I love the fabric, I don't think I've ever had an almost totally white dress before. It feels lovely and light for summer.
The changes I made to the pattern were to lengthen the skirt by 3". When I was trying it on for fit I pulled the tab off the zipper. Even though the zip was pinned in I couldn't unpin it so ended up wriggling out of it. This led me to realise I didn't need a zip to get in and out of it, so instead I made a button loop closure at the top.
The other dress, Anza, is also from Rayon from Spotlight. It is one of the Gertie range and is a lovely fabric. Changes I made to the pattern were my usual bodice changes added 1" to the length and lowered and shortened the bust dart by 1". I lengthened the skirt by 3 1/2 inches. The only thing I didn't like about making this was inserting the elastic and a drawstring into the casing. It was such a tight fit that it took an hour to get the elastic in, then another hour for the drawstring. Although I have a device for inserting elastic, it was too wide so I had to use my smallest safety pin on the end of the elastic/drawstring to pull it through. When I was pulling the elastic through the safety pin opened up when I was nearly all the way around and I couldn't move it backwards or forwards as the open end caught on the fabric, so I ended up having to open up some of the stitching on the casing. Next time I'll try slightly widening the casing.
|36 garments completed|
|Total spent on fabric||525.67|
|average per garment||14.5|
|7 Itch to Stitch|
|4 style Arc|
|3 Love Notions|
|1 Chalk and Notch|
|1 By Hand London|