The first make was a Kirsten Kimono Tshirt. This is a free pattern offered by designer Maria Denmark. The very first garment I sewed was a pink t shirt. I had also done some leggings in an eggplant colour. There wasn't enough of either to do a full t shirt so I combined both. There also wasn't enough to cut on the fold, so hence the centre seam line.
The next was another Kirsten Kimono T made from left over fabric from that first pink tshirt and another pink fabric from a tunic.
The next two tops were made from a free pattern offered by Colette Patterns, the Sorbetto top.
The first was made from left over fabric from the purple polka dot dress. I added sleeves from the pattern provided by The Seasoned Homemaker. I love the centre pleat down the front of this top, it turns it from a plain top into something with a bit of style.
My mother had given me some old headsquares and silk scarves for using in my crazy quilting. Among them was a huge square headscarf with a fringed border and around each edge a flower pattern and in the centre a paisley-esque design. I thought it would be great if I could somehow turn it into a top and the Sorbetto pattern seemed ideal. There wasn't enough to add sleeves, and again not enough to cut on the fold. I managed to piece it together so that the pattern 'flowed' and I am pretty pleased with how this turned out. The central pleat requires the bottom of the pleat to be stitched, but as I intended to use the fringe from the headscarf, rather than hemming, I though the pleat would look odd stitched at the bottom, so instead I inverted the pleat, stitching partway down and leaving the bottom free flowing which gives a bit of a swing to the top.