25 July 2018

Pippi Pinafore

I was after something comfortable I can wear with leggings and tops underneath.

I liked the Jennifer Lauren Handmade Pippi Pinafore but wasn't sure a pinafore style was suitable for someone in their mid-50's.  However after showing the pattern to a couple of friends they thought it would be great for me.  So here it is.





 Love the side button details which are also on the straps.  Lovely big pockets.
Like the criss cross straps.

close up of the bib.

The fabric is a corduroy from Spotlight. 

The skirt on its own is a really nice pattern and I'd like to try it again without the bib.  Not sure how many pinafores I need, but the skirt can definitely be made over and over.  It has a lovely pleat detail at the sides of the tummy which nicely conceal a little roundness there!

No comments:

Post a Comment