4 April 2019

StyleArc Lennie Shirt

I went shopping with some friends a couple of months ago.  One of the stores, H&M, had shirts in that we all really liked and one of my friends bought a top.  I've wanted to make a similar one.  I found the Lennie Shirt by StyleArc which was a close match for it, and some floral rayon from Smart Dress fabrics.

Here is my H&M knock-off.



I had bought 1.5m x 135cm of rayon.  This just wasn't quite enough.  So I used some blue linen from my stash for the placket, collar and sleeve tabs.  The inner collar was made using the rayon.  I'm actually quite pleased with the contrast the linen gives.
So the details
  • Made size 14, no changes.  Fits perfectly.  Next time just lower the bust darts 1".
  • Took 7 1/2 hours to sew.
  • The most challenging was the button placket.  I did this wrong, as I always do!  Next time, note that the placket should be sewn to the front raw edges together and at 3/8" seam allowance.  Sew placket to the wrong side of front, then turn placket to right side of front and top stitch down.  Check with how the pattern pieces fit together before sewing.
  • Next time get 1.75m of fabric if 135cm wide and if not using a contrast - I only needed enough extra to sew the sleeve tabs but just couldn't squeeze them out of 1.5m

No comments:

Post a Comment