10 December 2019

Wattle Skirt, His Eye is on the Sparrow update

I've admired the Megan Nielsen Wattle skirt for a while.  It can be made in various styles: pleated, gathered, bias cut and in different lengths, knee, above knee and midi.  It comes with pockets and has the button fastening on the side that I like



I made the midi length bias cut skirt out of a nice linen from Spotlight.

I didn't make any changes to the pattern.

I had enough fabric left over to make a matching bag.


The photo doesn't show it very well, but it is lined with a bright pink dotted fabric.

I've just finished my second rotation of His Eye is on the Sparrow by Heartstring Samplery


Rather than spinning the wheel for my next rotation I have decided to restart At the Steps.  I've only done one rotation.  As it is a very large design I've decided to try stitching with continental tent stitch on 25ct and see if that will go faster than full crosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment