22 March 2020

pandemic level 4, knitting and cross stitch

The government announced this afternoon that in 48 hours we are moving to level 4 alert status on Covid19.  This is the top alert and means all non-essential businesses must close and we need to self-isolate.  The government expect this to last for 4 weeks, though it will be assessed again at that point and if necessary will continue past the 4 weeks.

As of today New Zealand has 102 confirmed cases of Covid-19, thankfully no deaths as yet.

Stressful times for all.

Last week I felt it was only a matter of time before we moved into self-isolation so I armed myself with supplies to keep myself going.  No, not toilet rolls - but the essentials like wine, chocolate and knitting wool.

I don't think I've covered knitting before on this blog.  I used to knit a lot, but haven't in recent years.  However I am feeling the urge to try it again.  I bought 2 skeins in different colours of variegated merino and decided to make the Reyna shawl from Ravelry.

This is one of the skeins I bought.

This is in the colourway Lotus

The other skein I bought is variegated shades of red.  I haven't taken a photo yet.

I didn't show a photo of my Witching Hour that I got back from the framer. Here it is

And a few updates of my cross stitch.
This is where I am at with Sans Souci.  This is still on my q snaps so took a screenshot of how it appears on PatternKeeper

And this is where I am at on my new start Naida.  Loving how this is coming along and enjoying doing diagonal parking for the first time.




No comments:

Post a Comment