25 July 2021

3 Finishes Shawl, socks and baby cardi

Its been a while since I last posted.  I've been pretty sick with a respiratory virus that took me out of action for a couple of weeks.

Since resuming knitting I have had a few finishes




Wild Flowers Shawl from 52 Weeks of Shawls.  Knitted in an undyed fawn merino/ white alpace DK from Roxy Fibres that I bought at Woolfest.  Beautifully soft.  Love it.


Vanilla socks made from "under the sea' from Kiwiyarn-a.  Think I have the methodology perfected finally.  I made the foot slightly shorter than I have been 7" rather than 7.25".  Used the wrap and turn heel.  This fits better than the afterthought, I find the afterthought too big, and the wrap and turn is easier than the fishlips kiss heel.  Leg was my usual 60 rows.  The cuff was 16 rows k1tbl, p1, with the stretchy bind off from Very Pink Knits.


Gidday Baby Cardi.  Knit in acrylic so the Mum can throw it in the wash.  I did not enjoy knitting with acrylic.

No comments:

Post a Comment