4 November 2021

week 12 of Lockdown. MKAL Shawlography finished

We are now into week 12 of lockdown in Auckland.  Restrictions haven't changed since my last post, numbers continue to rise and there have been 2 deaths this week.

The Stephen West MKAL has taken my mind off things.  I really enjoyed knitting on this and finished it on Thursday.





I don't think it's something I'd wear out in public, the colours are a bit much.  Next year I must aim for a more muted palette.  But I really enjoyed knitting it and it sits really nicely so I will wear it heaps around the house as I do with the Slipstravaganza from last years knit along.

I spent most of the last 2 weeks knitting  on the shawl.  The small amount of time I had between clues I made a couple of dishcloths.



These were easy mindless knitting and just took 2 to 2 1/2 hours each to make.

I've also made some more purchases, online as retail shops are closed in the lockdown.

I bought a leather handbag.


Some cotton for dishcloths.




And a few purchases from Lochanside Alpacas



A great case from Ribbon Rose, by Knitpro for interchangeable needles.


This holds the needles really well.  Unlike the needle case I was using where the needles used to fall out.  There is another section on the other side for more needles and also a pocket for cables.

And some Purple sprouting and BC Garn from Yarnon.



These two are to go into my next shawl which will be The Frank Shawl by Joji Locatelli.  I probably wont start this until next year though.  As my next kntting plans are:

I want to clear the decks for December when my advent yarn arrives.  To do this I want to:

Finish both socks I'm currently working on.

When done I can start another pattern from 52 weeks of Socks.  However don't cast on a vanilla sock as I want to use the West Yorkshire Spinners Christmas sock club for my next vanilla socks.

Finish the current yarn that is going into my Habitation throw.

Once finished I can start the next lot of scrap yarn into the Seaglass Tee.

Start a mohair Ranunculus.

Start another Soldotna.  This time in fingering, using leftover yarn from Shawlography and last bit of Mitch.

Come December I want to :

Use an advent for the Stephen West Bubble cardigan

Use another advent for Juxtaposition from Strands of Joy.

Join the MKAL for Leave Gnome Stone unturned - Making a gnome.

No comments:

Post a Comment