15 January 2022

2021 advents and a finish

 I can't believe it's been a month since I posted.  Omicron is wreaking havoc around the world.  Fortunately we have so far been able to keep it out of the community, but experts say it is a matter of days, not weeks, before we too are affected.  In the meantime our Delta numbers have been very low, below 50, for a few weeks.  So for us life is continuing almost unaffected, apart from mask wearing being the new norm and vaccine passes being required for entry into cafes/ restaurants/cinemas/gyms/hairdressers/event, etc.

I had my booster shot on Friday so I hope that will give me some extra protection when  Omicron arrives.

On to knitting.  I haven't shared all my advents that I opened in December.  I have been very happy with all of these, unlike last year.

Louie and Lola, My Tassie Country Garden, was a 24 mini skein and 1 full skein set.  Along with treats like scented candle, fancy stitch markers and progress keepers.




I got the Summer Solstice Calendar from YarnTherapy.  This was a 20 mini skein and 1 full skein set, along with extras like labels, stitch markers, small project bag and tea.




Next was Mamawooling Cast On Calendar.  This was a parcel to be opened every week for 4 weeks and contained at least 1 skein of yarn.  There were also extras like progress keepers, chocolate, coffee, scissors.  My favourite is week 4.  A fingering and mohair in my favourite colour pairings of pale green and pale pink.  This will make a gorgeous shawl. I'm already knitting week 2 into The Collective Shawl for the mamawooling NYK.


Next was the West Yorkshire Spinners Xmas box that I got from Eskdale Yarns.  This came with this years Sparkly sock base and a choice of one of 2 colours for another skein.  There were also surprises in this.  A project bag, already being used for a sweater, a sock pattern, progress keepers and stitch markers in a candy cane theme, scissors and chocolate.  I opened this on Xmas Eve as I wanted to start the socks for a Xmas Eve cast on.


Last to be opened on Xmas day, was a Hygge box from Little Acorn Yarns.  There was a choice of tea or coffee, I chose tea.  Included in the box was the tea, a beautiful blend, 1 skein of yarn, a beautiful pottery mug, scented candle, book on Hygge, bookmark, 2 postcards and a project bag - being used for my Collective shawl.


So what have I been knitting with all these goodies?

I started and finished Stripes by Andrea Mowry.  This was with the Louie and Lola advent.


I've nearly finished Juxtaposition.  Made with the advent from YarnTherapy


I've started my first Brioche project, The Collective Shawl by Joji Locatelli.  This is knitted with Mamawooling caston calendar and Louie and Lola advent.


I've nearly finished the first sock with the WYS Xmas colours



No comments:

Post a Comment