Close up of the tail. Little bluebird stitched on tip with a rambling vine of cast on stitch flowers. The tail was very awkward when making this up. It was so small to start with and with extra bulk due to the stitching it was hard work to turn it right side out when sewing it. If I do this again I'll make the tail separately from the body and stitch it on at the end.
Front of cat showing lace, and embroidered seams
This is the back of the cat. I was going to leave it plain, but then I saw some "normal" quilts on pinterest with a fan shaped cat and thought that would be fun to add to the back.
Close up detail of the embroidered seams on the back of the cat. The face and tail are velvet.
I've got my naked block for January and first Hardanger prepared.
The Hardanger will have beads added when I've completed the rest of the embroidery.