12 March 2016

StyleArc Barb pants and cross stitch Spirit of Winter framed, visit to quilt show

One clothing finish this week.  A pair of Style Arc Barb pants.  These are made from bengaline, the colour is called petrol and is a greeny blue.  Fabric was from Spotlight, unfortunately I forgot to record how much this was and how much fabric I had. I think around $20.

I got Spirit of Winter back from the framers this week.


 I've moved my cross stitch pictures around in my living room. I'm not so keen on some of the older pieces now.  The more recent ones I've done are so much more like paintings I really prefer these so want them to have pride of place.  This is the main wall behind my couch.

I also visited a quilters show put on by the Western Quilters circle.  There were some beautiful quilts there.
I'm quite keen on trying to make a quilt for my bed.  I've discovered a design called the Northumberland Star.  Being originally from the North East of England this seems an obvious choice for me to try.   I've found this tutorial here at Quilters Cache.
I'm practicing first by doing 3 blocks which I'll make into a table runner for my dining table.  If I'm any good at it and if I think I'll enjoy it, then I'll get some fabric to make a quilt.  I've pieced 2 blocks so far but no photos yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment