5 April 2016

BurdaStyle magazine November 2015

 I finished this top from the November issue.  This is the magazine photo and info:
109a-112015-b-burda-style-bluse-naehen_325x433-id364457-7782c961bb0467079eb67cd585c35bc9_thumb
This sweet blouse in a printed silk features little bows that are tied at each of the sleeve hems. It features a round crew-neck with a slight keyhole cutout that is cinched with a loop and knob.

The description is a bit misleading as it is a bit more than a slight keyhole cutout.  I found that keyhole was way too low, below my bra line so I ended up hand stitching 4 inches closed.  The loop and knob is a loop and button closure.  I was very happy with the button.  I had just this one navy and pink button in my button box and it perfectly matched the navy background and pink fabric.



Apart from the low neckline I like the top.  It is gathered at both front and back neckline which gives quite a pretty effect.  I made this in viscose from SmartDress fabrics in Mt Albert, Auckland.  I had 1.4 metres at 150cm wide and I needed all of the fabric.  Total cost was $13.93.








No comments:

Post a Comment