3 November 2016

Festival of quilts

I've had an enjoyable day today visiting the Festival of Quilts.  What made it extra enjoyable is that I ordered a new sewing/embroidery machine.  I've had my eye on the Brother NV950D for quite some time and have been watching the Sewing Machine World website for a few months hoping for a sale.  It is a sewing and embroidery machine.  I was wanting to upgrade my sewing machine and discovered this one in my price range, which also has embroidery capability.

 Imagine my delight when I arrived at the quilt show to find the shop had their own stand.  It was the first place I visited.  They didn't have the machine at the shop, but there is a show special of $150 discount.  I've ordered the machine.  It has to come from Tauranga so will be in their Onehunga shop on Monday.  Can't wait.

In the meantime I looked around the other stands and bought some specialty scissors - applique and specially shaped scissors for trimming machine embroidery threads.  I enjoyed looking at all the beautiful quilts, but of course my main focus was on those that incorporated machine embroidery.  There weren't that many, so I snapped photos of those - inspiration!

These flower blocks were probably my favourite - just cause it looks like it might be something I might be able to do with my embroidery machine.



This was probably the one I liked most, but it also looks the most complicated.






Not too keen on the appearance of this one, but have included as an example of simple coloured thread on a black background.


Redwork.  I like this as well.



Not embroidery, but this yellow challenge wall of lots of wall hangings was so bright and cheerful I had to have a photo.

Loved this bird.  The stippling looks like a Maori design.
And some flower wallhangings

that's all for now.  Hopefully I'll post next week with a photo of my new sewing machine,however I may be too busy trying to learn how to use it to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment