14 December 2016

Xmas Sewing

The last couple of weeks have been spent making my mother some shirts.
The first pattern I chose was this Bow Blouse from BurdaStyle 11/16 #131.  Burda describes it as:" A look inspired by the fiery secretary chic styles of the 70s, the blouse is sewn in a sheer leopard print with a tying loop and gathered sleeve caps."


The pattern is for long sleeves, but I shortened as more suitable for summer.  After making this I wasn't very happy. As it is a surprise gift I couldn't do fitting and my mother is a completely different size and shape from me, but I felt that the neckline was too low, and it seemed very long.

I decided to remake it, but shifting the necktie 2 -3 inches higher and took 4 inches off the bottom.


Much happier with the changes I've made.

Then just to be sure, I made her a TNT (tried and true) from BurdaStyle 11/15
I've also been making a lot of gifts using my new embroidery machine.  Will post pics once they've been gifted.


No comments:

Post a Comment