Monday, 11 December 2017

Xmas Machine embroidery and Itch to Stitch Sirena dress

I don't have much in the way of Christmas decorations and what I do have is pretty old and sad looking.  Now I am into machine embroidery there are so many wonderful things to make so over the last couple of weeks my machine has been running hot.
Crazy patchwork Xmas stocking. Design by Kreative Kiwi.
Wallhanging with fairly lights.  Santa design by Amazing Designs.  I added my own wording in software and added extra eyelets for more lights.

 I made this last year.  Gingerbread cottage by Urban Threads.  It has a battery operated tea light inside it.
tree decorated with FSL ornaments from various designers. The 3d Angel at the top is by Stitch Delight.

I also completed another summer dress.  This time the Sirena dress from Itch to Stitch.



I altered the sleeves as the pattern has quite long sleeves and a flared option.  As I want this for summer, the shorter sleeves are better.  Other changes I made were:
  • Lengthened the bodice by 1"
  • Lengthened the skirt by 1  1/2"
  • Lowered bust dart apex by 1"
  • Removed the front centre seam on the front bodice and front skirt and cut on the fold.
The skirt is still a bit short for my liking, so next time I will lengthen by another 2"

The neckline is bound by bias binding.  The instructions don't say how wide this should be.  I made my own from some pale yellow poplin in my stash and made it 1 1/2" wide which seemed to be the right width for this.  This dress only used up about 1.9m of 140cm width fabric so is quite economical.  I should have enough of this fabric left over to make another vientiane skirt.  In total it took me around 9 1/2 hours to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment