Saturday, 11 February 2017

Burdastyle top, daffodil quilt blocks 7&8, heart patchwork bag, Gossips update

The last few days have been busy in my sewing room.  From Burdastyle 8/16 #125   I made this top using a jersey from the Hospice shop.

I had issues with the neckline.  the back neck gaped terribly and the front was too wide and low.  I was able to fix both these issues by joining both front and back neck line by 2 inches to increase the shoulder length.  Probably not an approved method, as normally it would lift the front too much, but in this case it worked.

A bit hard to see in the photos, but it has a tie front at the side of the neckline.

Another couple of blocks were completed for my quilt

I've taken part in a sew-a-long by Sweetpea.  It is run on a facebook page.  You get a discount on the pattern and 2 weeks to complete the project.  This was my first time participating in their sew-a-long.  This project was for a heart patchwork bag.  I used remnants in my stash.
Front of bag

Bag opened and lining showing

back of bag

I'm still doing my cross-stitch as well.  Here is an update on Gossips, pages 1- 13 of 72 completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment