17 March 2017

BurdaStyle dress 4/16 108A and quilt show

I bought some very bright rayon fabric years ago when I first started sewing.  Back then I thought I needed to buy everything I saw that was on sale.  Lesson learnt, this has sat in my stash for years as I don't like the pattern and didn't know what to do with it.  I'm attempting to get my stash down, so decided I'd make a dress that I could wear around the house.  I wanted something comfortable and loose so I picked the kaftan type dress from the April 2016 issue.  It has a false button placket at the top which was a pain to put in and isn't as neat as I'd like.  It also has in-seam pockets.  I lengthened it by 5 inches as the dress in the magazine was more like a tunic in length.




The photos above show it worn with a belt and it isn't too bad with the belt to take it in.  However without a belt it is a sack.


Well I wanted loose and comfy and that is what I got.  I won't wear it outside the house but for lounging around in the evening it is fine.

Yesterday I went to the Western Circle Quilters show. From their stand where they can sell their excess I bought 3 large bags of mixed fabrics.  Very happy with that.  These days my focus is on machine embroidery so I snapped a few photos of quilts with machine embroidery.
And a close up of the above

And a close up of the above



No comments:

Post a Comment