The version above is double georgette. The bodice is 2 layers, one longer than the other. The 2 layers means I don't have to worry about wearing a cami underneath. the sleeves are exactly what I wanted, double flares with one slightly longer than the other. The magazine wasn't quite as long as I wanted and the neck was too low for my taste
The changes I made to change it from petite and to the length/neckline I wanted were:
Used size 21, lengthened 1" above the waist.
Lengthened 1 1/5" at hem
Lengthened 1" at sleeve
Raised neckline 1"
With all the changes I made I decided to make a muslin first. I've been using a bedsheet purchased at an op shop as my muslin fabric. The fabric is quite nice, a soft cotton gingham effect. When I made up the muslin the changes were perfect and I decided I really liked the sheet as a top, so went ahead and made it up. It is hard to tell from the photos but this is a soft pink and white gingham.
When I was happy with my bedsheet top I went ahead and made the georgette top.
More photos of the white georgette top.
It was a friends birthday last week, so I made her a couple of small gifts.
An ITH bag, the bag is from Kreative Kiwi, the cat, I think, was from cute embroidery, a freebie at the time. I filled this with sweets.
And a purse. An ITH design from Sweet Pea. She is of Chinese heritage, so red for luck. With of course a coin inside "so it will never be empty"