This is my second Bonn shirt. I previously made a long sleeve version in plaid flannel. The shirt comes with various sleeve length options and a dress option. This time I wanted a flared sleeve shirt.
I knew I wanted to make another Bonn shirt and had already purchased this fabric when it was announced on Facebook there would be a Bonn sewalong. The timing was perfect, so I have enjoyed taking part in the Facebook sewalong and seeing all the lovely fabric other sewers are using.
Rather than seeing the hem on the flare I wanted a pop of colour, so I added some red poplin lining to the flare. You can just see a peek of it in the second photo above. This is how it looked when I was getting it ready.
Last time I made a 8B, graded to size 12 at hips. It was a little bit snug across the chest, so this time I made an 8C, graded size 8 to 12 from waist to hips. I also lowered the dart apex by 3/4" and added 1" to the length above the waist. I couldn't be happier with the fit on this.
The last shirt took me about 12 hours, but this one was done in around 8 hours. No pattern matching or sleeve plackets makes a difference!