Wednesday, 7 March 2018

Lingerie - a bra and a bralette.

I haven't posted for a while because I have spent the last few weeks working on the fit of the PinUp Girls Classic bra.

This fits me much better than it does Betty.  I made about 4 test bras first, using different size bands, different size cups until I worked out that 36B was the best fit.  As well as the fit I needed to add a 1/2" dart to the side seam between cradle and band and I did a rounded cup adjustment to reduce the pointed effect of the bra.  I'm too old for Madonna type silhouettes!

I had ordered wires, but they aren't right for me, digging into my sides.  This bra has underwires as optional, so I chose to not use the underwires. 




This bra is made of a red tricot with black rigid lace.  The band is powernet.  I dyed the elastics and the powernet band. I am so proud of my sewing on this, I think it looks very professional, if I do say so myself!

After  a couple of weeks of this I wanted my next one to be a bit simpler so I put together this bralette.  The pattern is from an Alison Smith Craftsy Class and is the Eva bralette.



This is made from a stretch lace and cups are lined with spandex.  This didn't take long at all to sew and I didn't make any test garments first.  The only issue I had was the front ended up slipping to the side leaving me rather exposed.  I found stitching up the front of the cups fixed that problem, though it has made it rather snug fitting.  I may go up a size next time, or add an extra 1/2" to the bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment