Thursday, 15 March 2018

another matching set - a modified Eva and modified Nixie briefs

My second matching set.


The lace is an aubergine and gold, with a gold spandex lining.
I found the Eva was gaping, even when sewing up the centre front, and just a bit too tight.  So I modified the cups using the ones from the Barrett bralette and also lengthened the bands a bit.  to modify the cups I put the pattern pieces for the Barrett cups on top of the Eva pattern pieces and traced around them.  I eliminated the peek a boo of the Barrett by drawing a staright line down.  I was then able to sew the 2 cups together down this straight line.  This is a much better fit, no gaping and much comfier to wear.

The pants were the Nixie briefs.  I altered the pattern by drawing where I wanted the lace to be on the front pattern piece.  I then traced this and cut out the lace pattern for the lace fabric and cut the spandex from the full front pattern piece.  I then applied the lace with a reverse applique method.  As I have no patterns for partial lace panties, I have no idea what is the "correct" way to do it, but this worked for me and I'm very happy with the result.  There is elastic on the back of the lace at the waist so it doesn't sag or gape.

No comments:

Post a Comment