21 August 2018

itch to stitch jumper and sweatshirt and stylearc jumper

I still don't have my embroidery machine back from the technician.  There is another delay on it. This time, the Janome Australia don't have the part needed. This means they have to order it from their supplier in either Taiwan or Japan, the part needs to be sent to Australia and then Australia have to send to New Zealand.

This means I haven't been in to the shop to look at coverstitch machines yet.  As winter is nearly over I had made a couple of woolly snuggly jumpers that I want to have a chance to wear this year, so I gave in and sewed as normal on the sewing machine.  I still have 2 long sleeve laundry day T's that can be done on a coverstitch that are all sewn up just need hemming, but they are a lighter weight so I can still get some wear out of them in spring.

I had this lovely boucle type knit from SmartDress fabrics.  I bought 2 metres of it, as it was 150cm wide I had enough for two jumpers.

First was the StyleArc Winnie



Because it is a looser knit it has turned out a lot looser than the first one I did here. But I like it, it makes it feel super cosy.

The other one was the Itch to Stitch Visby Henly.

This has snuck in without me realising it as a TNT.  This is the 4th Henly I've made.

These 2 jumpers take no time at all to sew. About 1 1/2 hours each.

My next project was a more time consuming one.  I reckon this was around 10 hours.  There is a lot of detail in it which produces a nicer than a usual zipped up sweatshirt.  

This is the Itch to stitch Jacqueline hoody.






The jacket has a side zip, welt pockets and a lined hood. The photos don't show it, but it also has epaulettes. The pattern called for 20 buttons, but I just used 12, 2 are on the epaulettes. The fabric is sweatshirting from Morelands fabrics.  I decided to use black ponte for contrasting hem and sleeve bands, pocket welts, hood lining and hood binding.

Photo below shows the extension is nice and wide.


No comments:

Post a Comment