17 January 2019

2 cushions, another Southport and a new machine

I had ordered a new living room suite in a grey colour.  I wanted some new cushions to liven it up.  So another biscornu by SweetPea

I like the blues and yellows in this one against the suite.  It looks better than the other pink and cream one I made earlier.

The other was an Audrey Hepburn cushion.  The pattern is again from SweetPea and is actually for a bag.
I want to make a bag from this as well.  I have bought some black and white vinyl to make it with.  Now I just need to find time.

Here is my new suite with my me-made cushions.




Another make is another Southport dress.   This is my third.  The other 2 I wasn't very happy with my fabric choices and they will be around the house.  This one though is a casual going out in dress.  As the pattern says, suitable for the beach or out for a meal.



This is made out of chambray from Spotlight.  As in the mustard linen version, I eliminated the front button placket.  However for this one I made a false button placket as I felt the plain chambray on its own would be a bit boring.  I added some wooden buttons to the front.  I used my coverseam machine to get perfectly placed double stitching line down the front.   I also did some embroidery on one shoulder.



I love how this has turned out.   Today is a hot, sticky day and I'm going out for lunch so will wear it out.

Last week I took delivery of a Brother ScannCut SDX1200.  There was a special offer on the NZ Machine Embroidery Addicts Facebook group.  I um'd and ah'd over whether to get it as I wanted it but didn't need it.  I looked at lots and lots of Youtube videos and decided I had to get it.

It comes with a project to get you started for a cute box.
Brother have a website where you can download projects.  The second thing I made was these templates to use with coffee.  You sprinkle your drinking chocolate powder on top and get a pretty design in your coffee.
You also get access to software to design your own files.  The top right design of a cup was one I designed myself.

I've also made a couple of cards, and at the moment I'm making a luminary.  

I bought the machine mainly thinking I'd use it for cutting fabric for machine embroidery applique.  I did find it quick to do for the Audrey Hepburn cushion.  However when I tried a more complex design it was easier and quicker to just trim the fabric once stitched.  I probably won't use it much for fabric.  But there are so many other things you can make with it - add vinyl to projects, make beautiful cards, shadow boxes, etc.  So it looks as though I have another new hobby!


No comments:

Post a Comment