29 January 2019

scanncut photos and another Anza dress

This is my 4th Anza dress from Itch to Stitch.  I made the other 3 last summer.  I wear these dresses all the time over summer so wanted another one.  This is another rayon one, hard to see in the photo but it is a navy background with palm trees with purple leaves and white trunks.


The only change I made was to leave out the elastic in the waistband and have just the drawstring.  I find having both elastic and drawstring is very hard to get in the casing.

Another fiddle I have is putting the cuffs on.  You have to iron the side seams on the bodice to an angle at the armhole and then put the cuffs on.  Trying to get them to fit in with that angle is a pain and took me over an hour to do both cuffs.  Next time I'd like to try just extending the shoulders at the bodice.  Although the pattern comes in a jumpsuit I'm not sure how that would suit my figure, so to emulate a jumpsuit I'd like to make the top as a shirt, it would just need lengthening about 3" to make a boxy shirt, and then make some pants in a co-ordinating fabric to give a jumpsuit look, without being a jumpsuit.

Some things I didn't show on my last blog post.

Using the stencil to put patterned chocolate on my coffee froth.


The coffee cup I vinyled.   It says But First Coffee.


the Birthday card I'd made but couldn't find.  I was a bit messy with the glue so couldn't send this, but a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment