22 February 2019

2 overalls

After making a long pair of Flint pants in rayon I wanted to make them again in 3/4 length.  The pattern comes with a free add-on for a bib to make them into overalls.  I decided to make them with a detachable bib.  The bib attaches with buttons that are hidden on the inside of the waistband.  This gives me the option to wear as overalls or just pants.

The first were made from a light weight denim.






The second are a heavy weight black denim



After making 3 pairs of Flints, I'm not sure the wide leg is the best style for my pear shape.  I suspect I'm not going to feel very confident in these so they won't get much wear.  I do however love the side buttons instead of zips - so easy to make.  We'll see, maybe I'll try again and narrow the legs.  Update:  I wore the light blue flints the other night.  I asked one friend what she thought and she said she loved them and they were flattering.  Another friend arrived and as soon as she saw me she said wow what a flattering shape -without being asked her opinion.  So I now feel a lot happier about wearing them.  I wore them to see Shakespeare's Measure for Measure at the pop-up globe.  


The blue pair took 3 1/2 hours to make the pants and the black took 3 hours.  The bibs for both took around 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment