22 July 2019

3 t shirts for the gym and week 2 x stitch update,machine embroidery from Roman blind remnants

I have a few store bought  sports knit tshirts but they are all a but shorter than I'd  like. With stretching  overhead I may be showing some midriff and wearing with leggings I'd like a bit more bum coverage.

The solution - make my own of course.
I bought some sports knit from Morelands in 3 different colors. The orange fabric was a bit narrower so I had to use some of the blue to be able to make the top. I like  the contrasting  fabrics. 
I embroidered the blue with a workout lady from secrets of.
The pattern is my go to laundry day t from love notions. As the sports knit doesn't have quite as much stretch as a cotton knife I went up a size to large and added a bit to the length to ensure good bottom coverage!

I got some Roman blinds custom made for the dining and kitchen areas and had a lot of left over fabric. So far I've  made a table topper for dining table, draft excluder and curtain tiebacks  for the living room. There is still a lot of fabric left.
Table topper, swirly placemat by creative kiwis


Draft excluder by front door



Curtain tiebacks in living room

The new Roman Blinds






Another  weeks progress on my cross stitch QS Old Friends.  I'm  still on the second  coloured on this page. More than  halfway through the page and halfway through the 10k stitch challenge.

Had a lovely trip to Auckland zoo yesterday for a friends birthday. 








No comments:

Post a Comment