15 July 2019

Oakley vest and cross stitch week 1 progress

I bought some lovely fabric a couple of months ago.  It is a nylon on the outside, quilted with a fleece on the inside.  I bought it for an Oakley vest, by Love Notions, and finally got around to making it this week.



I made my own bias binding from some grey poplin that was a good match for the fabric.

I made view B, but instead of patch pockets I made in-seam pockets.

Total stitching time was 4 hours.  1 hour of that was spent making the bias binding, so a quick sew project.

I decided to start recording my weekly progress of my cross stitch on Instagram. Watching a picture come to life is a good way of staying motivated. My handle is janscrafting.  I'll put my other craft makes on here as well.  I'll continue to blog though.

Here is my first weeks progress
On the first page one colour is completed and part of the way through the second colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment