24 October 2019

Love Notions Boyfriend cardigan and cross stitch progress - silks

Long line cardigans are everywhere these days.  I decided it was time to add one to my wardrobe when Love Notions had the Boyfriend Cardigan as their $5 Friday special.






I'm loving this cardigan and have already worn it a lot.  Summer is very late in getting started here, in fact I'm still in my winter clothes - the first time ever for October, so it is still getting a lot of use.  I'm thinking ahead to next winter and would like to make a fleece one for around the house - would be super comfy.  
The back hem looks wonky, that's only because I stand wonky!
I added 1 1/2" to the length as pattern is designed for 5'6" and I'm 5'9", other than that, made no other pattern alterations.  It took around 4 1/2 hours to sew and was an easy sew. The pattern called for 2.5m and even though my fabric was 150cm wide I needed all of that fabric, in fact I was worried I wasn't going to have enough to cut the sleeves.  The tight fit is probably due to lengthening the cardigan.

My last post said I was waiting for silks to arrive.  They came!

Floss toss against the fabric, these are GAST and WDW from 123stitch,  The fabric colour washed out in the photo

Another floss toss with the silks from Silks4U.  Again the fabric colour washed out.

Both orders took 2 weeks to arrive, even though the silks4u is only from Australia. She does say on her website that Australia Post is very slow, so I didn't fret too much when the order from 123stitch in America arrived before the Australian one!

While I was waiting I went back to Old Friends and this is where I finished the rotation.

I've started His Eye is on the sparrow and really enjoying it.  Should get a progress photo in my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment