1 January 2020

First dress of the year and already a change to my cross stitch plans

I made the Cadence dress by Love Notions.



I've previously made this pattern in a short sleeved top.  For this I made the tank dress version.  I omitted the elastic casing and instead made a belt.  To make the belt I cut a length on the fold 2 1/4" wide, then just sewed together.  The only change I made to the dress pattern was instead of lining the bodice I finished the neck and armscyes with bias binding.

This was super quick to make - it only took 2 hours to sew, as the dress is just 2 pattern pieces.  Easy peasy.

I've already made a change to my cross stitch plans for this year.  I've decided to UFO the At the Steps.  I have a number of reasons for this.  I initially started it working full cross on 22 ct.  I decided to change to try to speed it up and restarted it on 25ct using tent stitch.  I'm not all that happy with how the tent stitch looks on the 25 ct.  Yesterday I had a new start on Healing Rose doing tent stitch on 22 ct and am much happier with my stitching.  I wondered whether to restart At the Steps doing tent on 22 ct , but really I am just not happy with it - the piece is just too big when I have so many others I still want to start.

So I have decided future projects need to be no larger than 150,000 stitches in total, preferably under 100,000.

In place of At the steps I want to start  Storykeep What I See.  At 200x462 there are 92,400 stitches
Heaven an


I already have a spot picked out for it, in the dining room by the kitchen is a long vertical wall, currently with Celtic Winter on it, but I think this would look fabulous there.

As I jsut had a new start yesterday, I plan on waiting to start this in April for my birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment