30 January 2020

Another Pia dress and cross stitch update.

I made my third Pia dress, by Tessuti




The others were made in linen, this time I made it out of quilting cotton from the specials table at Spotlight.  Cool and loose fitting for summer, perfect.

I'm still busy with cross stitching.  I made good progress on Ornament Healing Rose.

I'm stitching this in the HAED challenge facebook group.  I'm continuing to do 30 stitches per day on it as part of the 100 days challenge.  This means every day there is a bit more progress.  I quite like this technique and when I start one of the larger projects think I will continue to do it for those.

I'm nearly finished Ornament Witching Hour.
This is the screenshot from Pattern keeper as I haven't taken a recent photo. I think another week and a bit and I should be finished.  Yay, my first finish after returning to cross stitch.

I'm wanting to do a new start for my birthday in April but I'm having a hard time deciding which one.  There are a number I'd like to start.
 Sad Koala.  This was commissioned especially by HAED from the artist Dakota Daetwiler and all proceeds went to the Wildfire charities in Australia.  Such a worthy cause, I had to buy it.  I'm not normally a wildlife stitcher, but this appeals.  Especially as I have a photo of me holding a koala, taken a few years ago when on holiday in Australia.
 Gentle stroke.  This is a Limited Edition by HAEd and I had to have it.  Love the detail of her face.
 One with Nature. 
 Morning Sun
Native girl with Dove.

Faces are what really appeal to me when doing cross stitch and I think these are all lovely.  I love how the last 2, the lady fades out into the background.

So as I am totally undecided, I thought I would spin a wheel and see what came up.

And the winner is Morning Sun by Lee Bogle.  stitch size is 350x703, total of 246,050 stitches.

I'm going to try this on 20 ct tent 2  over 1.  I can't get the fabric here in NZ so will order from Lakeside Linens in the UK.  As DMC thread is so expensive here, I will order what I don't have from Itchy Stitchy in Australia.

The finished size on 20ct will be 17.5" x 35" and will fit onto a long narrow wall between my kitchen and dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment