13 June 2021

new cast ons, wip update

 After starting the Milo for Baby D I decided I wasn't happy with the yarn choice.  So I unravelled, bought some new yarn (an acrylic so parents can wash it)  and cast on Gidday Baby Cardi

Another new cast on was Maija from Strands of Joy


This is knit in stash yarn from Passioknits, a pure wool.

I had some fun trying dyeing yarn with food colouring.  I was aiming for a mint green but instead got emerald green.  I think I put too much food colouring in.  After the colour had taken up I put a few splashes of red directly onto the yarn to give a bit of extra interest. I am happy with it.  The yarn was Donegal nep.





I've already cast on a pair of socks.  These are Dear Bjorn from 52 weeks of socks.


Another cast on  is Wild Flowers shawl from  52 weeks of Shawls.


This is knit with yarn from Roxy Fibres that I bought at Woolfest.  It was cast on as soon as I got home from Woolfest.  The yarn is undyed and is fawn merino 80% and white alpaca 20%.  It is deliciously soft.

Out of my 7 wips, 3 are from Laine magazines!

I've made progress on my vanilla socks.


And my Habitation throw


And my modular inlay wrap.  Both of the last long edges are completed.




No comments:

Post a Comment