Friday, 29 July 2016

Easy dress BurdaStyle 3/16 #105

I had some crazy print knit fabric from SmartDress Fabrics that I loved.  I've had it for a while and couldn't decide what to make with it.  The March 2016 issue had this in it:




When I first saw it in the magazine I really wasn't interested.  However there was a one on Pattern review which I liked.  It has a big pleat in the back  which I really liked for a style factor.   It is almost 2 dresses in one.  The underneath part has the bodice made from lining and attached to the top bodice layer as a lining at the shoulders and armholes.   It could easily be made as separates, though I made it as instructed.  I think it would be nice as separates.  Instead of using lining for the under bodice, normal fabric could be used and a separate top could be used as a cover for the dress for cooler evenings.

I made my usual size 42 (Burda sizing - eek, makes you sound enormous).  I did find it to be quite loose fitting, not as tight as I imagined.
Anyway here is my finished dress.  I don't think the photos do it justice as it is hard to see the separate top and skirt so it looks a bit dowdy.  Trust me, it is much better in real life.




No comments:

Post a Comment