Sunday, 14 May 2017

BurdaStyle december 2016 #111 Bell sleeve tunic

Another BurdaStyle finish.  This is from the December issue and is pretty up to date fashion for me, with the band across the neck and the flared sleeves.


The neck band was way too big.  I ended up putting in 2 2" darts at the shoulders to take it in by 4".  I made a size 42 and graded out to the hips to size 44.  I probably didn't need to do this as it is not as close fitting as implied by the magazine photo.

Fabric is one I've had in my stash for a while, from SmartDress fabrics.  It is more red than shows in the photos.  I have enough left over for another Maria Denmark kimono T shirt, though I may need to colour block it.

The V neck is a bit low for my liking, probably fine for most people.  I intend to add a small piece of fabric under that V so it doesn't show as much skin.  As there is a facing I should be able to sew it direct to the facing.

Another top I'm happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment