28 June 2018

Sew Over It Heather Dress x 2

I wanted a knit dress that I could wear over leggings for the winter.  Something that I could be comfy lounging around the house, but also smart enough to wear to the shops.  I also wanted pockets.  I found this in the Sew Over It Heather Dress.

I made 2 ponte dresses.



The first in burgundy and black is an embossed ponte from SmartDress Fabrics and is quite light weight.  The other in blue and black are a heavier weight, especially the blue and are from Spotlight.
I notice a bit of pooling in the back.  I don't normally have to do a sway back adjustment so not sure if this is the pattern or the way I was standing when I took the photos.

I added 3" to the length as the pattern is designed to be quite short and I wanted it to hit at the knee.  This is just what I was looking for.  The pockets are very deep, so I don't need to worry about my phone falling out.

The only other  change I made was to the construction method.  The pattern called for the sleeves to be sewn at the side seam and then set in.  Rather than doing this, I just sewed the sleeves in flat and then sewed the sleeve seam and side seam in one pass.  A much easier method when no easing is needed to set the sleeve in.

No comments:

Post a Comment