1 September 2018

Second pair of Airlie Pants

I made another pair of StyleArc's Airlie pants. 

This time I made a few alterations to the pattern.  I lengthened them by 2", did a 1/4" scoop on the back crotch for a low butt adjustments and added 1/4" to the upper thighs, shortened the elastic to a cut of 31 1/2".

These fit much better. You can see there are no tight wrinkles on the back of the legs.
Those pockets were again a problem for me.   The pants just took me 4 hours to sew but I spent 2 hours just on the pockets.  Here are some close ups.


With the pocket frustrations I'm not sure I'll make these again, I may stick with my TNT StyleArc Barb pants.


Last week I went to Home Ideas,  an exhibition centre where home improvement traders have stands.  I spotted this hand basin for the bathroom.
It's not really my 'thing', but nice to see some creative use being made of it.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a new car.  I wore all made by me clothing when I went to collect it from the showroom.
Itch to stitch Jacqueline Hoodie, Itch to stitch Uvita and StyleArc Barb pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment