24 November 2019

3 woven tops

I wanted tops that I can tuck into skirts.  The Cadence dress/top by Love Notions has different sleeve options and looked like what I was after.

The first I made was this top out of poplin from the clearance table at Spotlight.


Excuse the creases,  I'd already worn this and had to take it out of the laundry basket to photograph it.

I like this top, I lengthened it by 1" and it is a good length for either leaving out of skirts/pants, or tucking in.

For the next top I just added 1" to the height of the back of neck.  I like to be well covered on the back of neck as I always get sunburnt there if I don't cover up.

This is a rayon from Smart Dress Fabrics.

And the third .....


Again a rayon, this time from Spotlight.  This is beautiful and soft.
Both of the rayon tops have a burnt orange colour in them.  I have some linen in a burnt orange that I want to make into a skirt so these tops will go with the skirt.

IN summary, these tops are a quick and easy sew, around 2 1/2 hours each to sew.  I think these will be my go to tops in the way the Laundry Day T is my go to T.  Very happy.

However on another note, I wanted to make the Cadence dress.  Prepped the pattern for the below knee version and it was ridculously short.  When I prepared the pattern I added 2" to the length and even then it seems to be about 8" too short.  I felt this was too much to adjust myself, so abandoned the idea of making a dress,  I checked the pattern against my body and also compared it to my other dress patterns. Second dress fail from Love Notions, I won't be trying another one.  However their tops are winners for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment