9 September 2016

Burdastyle Dress with piping

This dress was in the 5/2016 magazine, style #107 called dress with slanted seams.
The slanted seams have piping between them and there is also piping at the neck edge.

I've never tried piping so was keen to give this dress a go.   I got some pale blue polyester suiting from SmartDress fabrics.  For the piping I wanted a clear contrast so bought .5 metre of orange poplin from Spotlight for $2 and the piping cord from Spotlight, not sure how much that was, about $3 I think.  To buy pre-made piping I was going to need to buy two packets of bias binding, plus the piping cord.  That amount of pre-made bias binding was going to cost $30- more than the fabric of the dress, plus I couldn't find any bias binding in the colour that I wanted.

To make the piping I followed the various tutorials on www.threadsmagazine.com and it worked pretty well.

Here is my dress


I'm pleased with how this has turned out, love the colours.  Now I just need some warmer weather so I can wear this!




No comments:

Post a Comment