20 October 2018

3 tops and machine embroidery

Now that I have my coverstitch machine I've been able to finish 3 tops.

Itch to Stitch Uvita.  This was a linen knit from Spotlight that I ordered online.  When it arrived I was dismayed at how bright it was and it sat in my stash for a year.  Now that it is done though I actually like it.



The neck binding was folded to the inside and finished with a narrow coverstitch (!!!)  Look how neat that double row of stitching is.
And it looks so professional on the inside.


Another Itch to Stitch Uvita.  This fabric has sat in my stash for around 4 years, just couldn't decide what to do with it.   Another win.  And dig that pattern matching!


This time I decided to go for the active wear look and did a reverse coverstitch.

Love Notions Laundry Day T.  This time I did a 3 needle coverstitch in contrasting colours.



My wrist pincushion has been used constantly for the last 4 years.  It was time for a new one.  The pincushion design is from Kreative Kiwi.  I adapted it to turn it into a wrist pincushion.  It was easy to do.  The last step of the design is to add the backing fabric onto the front of the hoop, covering the main design.  Before adding the backing fabric I taped down 2 pieces of elastic on top of the right side of the embroidery on top of the hoop.  The raw edges of elastic were outside the design area, so the length of elastic was lying on top of the design.  Carefully taped it down to ensure it didn't get caught in the last round of stitching.  The backing fabric was then laid on top of the design and the elastic and stitched down.  Then take it out of the hoop and turn it around.  Then it was just a matter of measuring the elastic on my wrist and attaching the two pieces of elastic with a zig zag stitch.

This is the petal table topper. Another design from Kreative Kiwi.  I didn't realise the back petals got folded towards the front, otherwise I would have used the fabric the other way around.  So a bit disappointed.  My own fault for not reading the instructions properly


No comments:

Post a Comment